CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.
CPU-Z is light-weighted software available freely that gather the valuable information about the system components. This diagnostic tool provides the information of main devices of your PC regarding:
- Name and number
- Core stepping and process
- Core voltage
- Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier
- Supported instructions sets
- Cache information
- Vendor, model and revision
- BIOS model and date
- Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor
- Graphic interface
- Frequency and timings
- Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table
- Windows and DirectX version
Being light-weighted program this tool has very minimal impact on the overall performance of PC. CPU-Z offers a straight-forward solution to collect the system resources in a single place though does not come with advanced feature of benchmarking.